This free case-based activity includes a crowd-sourced discussion of 58 year old previously healthy male who presents with papillary thyroid cancer (PTC) with metastasis to lungs, neck/chest lymph nodes and possibly bone.
Originally posted on a forum in the ASCO Connection, participants now have the opportunity to claim a CME, completion, or participation certificate for completing this activity.
- Analyze the diagnostic/staging studies currently available and the treatment options for patients with selected papillary thyroid carcinomas and for widely metastatic disease
- Evaluate the mutational analysis options available and explain the pathology diagnosis and how these may aid in choosing therapies
- Discuss the clinical prognostic features and disease course, along with the response to therapy for conventional papillary carinoma
Continuing Education Credit
1 Credit/Point is available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on November 19, 2018. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.