This slide-based course will present the reasons for which a team-based practice in oncology should be considered and implemented, describe each role within team-based care and the scope of practice for each role, and explain the current methods used to measure productivity versus value within a team-based practice. In addition, patient advocate Dena Battle presents the patient perspective as it applies team roles within an interprofessional practice.
- Describe the role that several advanced practice providers fulfill
- Implement more effective means of communication to support teamwork and maximization of scope of practice
- Apply the concepts presented in this course to build high-performance teams that deliver quality patient care
Continuing Education Credit
4 Credits/Points are available for participation in this course. Certifiacte and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- CNE Contact Hours
- ONCC ILNA Points in Professional, Coordination of Care and Roles of the APN
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on December 7, 2019. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.