This is a case-based activity that includes discussion of a geriatric patient and assessment tools used to treat the patient. The course compares two geriatric patients with stage III colon cancer and how their differing risk factors affect treatment options.
After participation in this course, learners will be better able to:
- Identify the unique challenges in treating older adults with stage III colon cancer
- Define geriatric assessments and how it aids in the evaluation of older adults
- Apply a geriatric assessment to a patient
Continuing Education Credit
1 Credit/Point is available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- CNE Contact Hours
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
This course expires on August 23, 2020. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date. This course is also available as part of the 2017 ASCO Tumor Boards bundle.