This course examines two cervical cancer patient cases to determine screening, triage and treatment recommendations based on resource settings. The first case looks at a 40-year-old Haitian woman who presents for routine exam. She’s had no routine exam since she delivered her last child at age 25. She is a non-smoker and HIV negative. The second case follows a 42-year-old woman G3P3 who does not desire future fertility. Her last screening was more than 10 year ago. She is a non-smoker and HIV negative.
- Discuss the cervical cancer screening guidelines based on resource setting
- Compare various modalities of primary screening based on clinic setting
- Discuss the potential triage options after a positive screening test for a high grade cervical lesion
- Explain the indications/contraindications for various treatment modalities for cervical precancer
Continuing Education Credit
2 Credits/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
Important Note: This course expires on December 13, 2020. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date.