This is a free case-based activity that includes a case presentation of a A 72-year-old previously in good health experienced anorexia over three months associated with a 15-pound weight loss. This patient undergoes treatment for borderline resectable pancreatic cancer and Drs. Manji and Vollmer will review common scenarios oncologists, surgeons, and radiation oncologists face while treating borderline resectable pancreatic cancer.
At the end of this course, learners should be able to:
- Identify borderline resectable pancreas cancer
- Formulate case discussion at a multidisciplinary tumor board with experts who review and treat pancreas cancer
- Select an appropriate chemotherapy regimen suited for the patient and to consider radiation in select patients who may derive benefit
- Refer patients to high-volume centers for surgery - particularly those who may require vascular resection
Continuing Education Credit: 1.5 Credits/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- CNE Contact Hours
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
Important Note: This course expires on January 16, 2021. Learners must complete all necessary course components by this date.