This eLearning activity is designed to assist researchers with manuscript preparation and publication. Presented by Dr. Daniel Haller (Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Clinical Oncology 2001-2011), this course includes 8 sections on:
- Matching Your Research to the Right Journal
- Authorship Criteria, Recognition, and Responsibility
- Elements of an Effective Original Report
- Statistical Guidelines
- Ethical Standards
- Submission Preparation
- Understanding Common Practices
- Understanding and Responding to Decision Letters
The course concludes with one additional section in which participants in the course can evaluate examples of manuscripts that were submitted to the Journal of Clinical Oncology.
- Identify the appropriate journal for a manuscript
- Meet submission requirements of journals
- Assess and ensure the quality of your manuscript
- Navigate the peer-review process
Continuing Education Credit
2 Credits/Points is available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on April 4, 2018. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.
- This course is also available as part of the Clinical Research Collection