This free case-based activity includes a crowd-sourced discussion of a 70-year-old female with rheumatoid arthritis and no smoking history who presents with cough, shortness of breath and 15 lb. weight loss over 3 months. Chest x-ray revealed a large right-sided pleural effusion and right upper lobe lung mass. Follow up CT scan confirmed a 3 cm right hilar lung mass and large pleural effusion and pleural based tumors.
Originally posted on a forum in the ASCO Connection, participants now have the opportunity to claim CME, completion, or participation certificates for completing this activity.
- Explain the standards of care for molecular testing in a patient with advanced non-small cell lung cancer
- Convey the importance performing repeat biopsies in patients with metastatic lung cancer
- Discuss the emerging new targeted therapies for more newly identified mutations, such as BRAF V600E mutations
Continuing Education Credit
1 Credit/Point is available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on October 26, 2019. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.