In this course, participants will explore five cancers – breast, prostate, colon, lung and hematologic malignancies – and the anti-cancer therapies associated with them. The course will also cover issues related to the care and treatment of patients with those five diseases. Medical Oncologists, Drs. Adam Forman and Avan J. Armaghani, and Drs. Vilkal Bhatt and Alex Ganetsky and Katherine Byar, RN present the cases and their thoughts from the perspectives of Physicians, PharmDs, and Nurse Practitioner. Additional resources provided include, Helpful Materials to Use with Patients, and a complete list of References with links.
- Apply knowledge of breast, prostate, colon and lung cancer, and hematologic malignancy therapies to improve care of patients with these diseases
- Apply knowledge of treatment related side effects to improve the care of patients undergoing treatment
- Synthesize and apply knowledge of the stages of diagnosis that are most common within these cancers, and the therapies that are associated with those
Continuing Education Credit
4 Credits/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- CNE Contact Hours
- ONCC ILNA Points in Symptom Management and Survivorship
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on April 18, 2021. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.