This free case-based activity includes a crowd-sourced discussion of a 65-year-old Caucasian male with a previous history of adenocarcinoma of the stomach. Two years later he presents with upper quadrant pain upper quadrant pain requiring paracetamol and CT staging reveals low volume liver metastasis.
Originally posted on a forum in the ASCO Connection, participants now have the opportunity to claim CME, completion, or participation certificates for completing this activity.
- Discuss the clinical work-up of a patient with gastric adenocarcinoma
- Evaluate the best testing algorithm, including tissue selection, from a laboratory standpoint to determine HER2 status
- Analyze the role of systemic and anti-HER2 therapy and apply the best sequence of action for initial, second and third-line therapy
Continuing Education Credit
1 Credit/Point is available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on May 25, 2019. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.