This is a case-based activity that includes discussion of a 50-year-old woman who is positive for Hepatitis B and has not been treated. Her disease is classified as Child-Pugh class A with no evidence of diabetes mellitus. Family history reveals a brother and father who are Hepatitis B carriers, and the father demised of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). The patient is found to have deranged liver function tests and is referred for scans.
- Recognize the ablative multi-modality management of locally advanced HCC
- Discuss the feasibility of down-staging to surgery/transplantation in locally advanced HCC
- Explain the safety of surgical resection following down-staging with brachytherapy
Continuing Education Credit
1 Credit/Point is available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on June 23, 2019. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date.
- This course is available as part of the 2016 ASCO Tumor Boards bundle.