Modeled after the ASCO International Clinical Trials Workshops, this accredited Program is designed to assist beginning investigators familiarize themselves with the best practices of designing and conducting clinical research. Topic areas include: Research design/methodology, regulatory/legal issues, data management, ethical issues, statistics, research teams, exemplary clinical trials sites, promoting clinical trials, and informed consent.
- Describe clinical trial methodology
- Apply best practices in the implementation of research programs
- Evaluate the roles and responsibilities of research team members
- Communicate with patients the values of clinical research
Continuing Education Credit
6.5 Credits/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- CNE Contact Hours
- ONCC ILNA Points in Professional and Roles of the APN
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on June 29, 2019. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.
- This course is also available as part of the Clinical Research Collection