This course focuses on a variety of aspects including:
- Implementing Fertility Preservation: Discussion of treatment options, consequences of treatment and fertility preservation techniques for adolescent and adult males and females
- The Conversation: How, when, and why providers need to address fertility preservation with their patients
- Perspectives: Healthcare providers who treat cancer patients of various age groups, as well as patients themselves, share experiences of addressing fertility preservation
- Describe the importance of fertility preservation as part of comprehensive cancer care for pre-pubertal and reproductive age patients
- Identify the treatment risks that pose the greatest risks to fertility for adolescent and adult males and females
- Discuss the fertility preservation options that are available
- Examine key aspects of engaging patients in decision making around fertility preservation
- Explain the role of a fertility preservation team in providing fertility preservation
Continuing Education Credit: 5 Credits/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- CNE Contact Hours
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
Important Note: This course expires on February 27, 2022. Learners must complete all necessary course components by this date.