In this course, participants will explore the challenges and benefits of oral therapies, learn about the proper methods of chemotherapy administration and safety realted issues, and review the ASCO/ONS chemotherapy safety standards.The case study details the role of the nurse, pharmacist and other advanced practitioners in the administration of chemotherapy. It also discusses the proper way to dispose of remaining chemotherapy agents, the role of personal protective equipment, and hypersensitivity reactions.
- Describe the potential benefits and disadvantages of oral anticancer therapy
- Identify the management of reactions/toxicities that can occur during the administration of the chemotherapy agent
- Discuss the safety standards for chemotherapy administration and assess personal and practice adherence to the standards
- Apply knowledge gained to address clinical situations encountered in actual practice
Continuing Education Credit
3.5 Credits/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- CNE Contact Hours
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred
This course expires on May 16, 2021. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.