This free case-based activity includes a crowd-sourced discussion of a 66-year-old woman who initially presented with what was thought to be a stage IIIB left-sided breast cancer. She underwent a mastectomy that showed a 4.3 cm poorly differentiated invasive ductal carcinoma in the left breast, with 1/11 lymph nodes positive. Immuno-histochemistry was ER and PR weakly positive (ER 2% of cells, Allred score 4/8 and PR in 4% of cells, Allred score 3/8). HER2 immunohistochemistry was equivocal at 2+ and a FISH test was performed which showed a HER2/CEP17 ratio of 0.9. Ki-67 immunostaining was high at 68%.
- Identify the appropriate genomic tests for detection of HER2 gene mutations.
- Select treatment for ER-positive, metastatic breast cancer that is HER2-mutant, but not HER2-amplified.
Continuing Education Credit
1 Credit/Point is available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- CNE Contact Hours
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
Important Note: This course expires on October 31, 2020. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit