This is a case-based activity that includes a discussion of a nineteen-year-old male, who was previously in excellent health. While playing soccer he developed back pain. Over the course of several days, he noticed increasing fatigue, headaches and dizziness. He presented to the local Emergency Department for evaluation where his exam was notable for diffuse petechiae. Additional evaluation post lab results with a bone marrow demonstrated > 90% blasts. Flow cytometery confirmed a diagnosis of pre-B ALL with presence CD10+/CD19+/CD22+/TdT+ immunophenotypic markers.
At the end of this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the current status of CAR-T cell therapy for patients with Pre-B cell ALL
- Discuss optimal timing of referral for patients to CAR-T Cell therapy
- Examine limitations to CAR-T cell therapy
Continuing Education Credit: 1.5 Credits/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- CNE Contact Hours
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted. Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
Important Notes: This course expires on May 16, 2020. Learners must complete all necessary course components by this date. This course is available as part of the 2018 ASCO Tumor Boards bundle.