The Advanced Practitioner Certificate Program: Basics 102 is a comprehensive resource designed to provide a current understanding of cancer in specific patient types, cancer treatment modalities, and patient care. This program includes nine individual courses, plus this companion self-assessment tool with rationales covering a wide range of topics in oncology; including screening and prevention, cancer care in adolescents, young adults, and older patients, radiation and surgical oncology primers, oncologic emergencies management, and more. The Advanced Practitioner Certificate Program: Basics 102 Assessment is a tool to assess the level of knowledge acquired after the completion of the courses in the Basics 102 program. If additional study is necessary, learners are directed to review relevant course sections and provided additional resources.
Educational partners collaborating on the development of this activity include: Advanced Practitioner Society for Hematology and Oncology, American Society of Clinical Oncology, Association of Physician Assistants in Oncology, and the Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association
- Summarize a patient’s full cancer experience from screening to symptom and emergency management to treatment to survivorship
- Communicate prognosis with patients at various stages in their illnesses
- Recognize differences in care for younger and older cancer patients
Continuing Education Credit
2 Credits/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- CNE Contact Hours
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on November 2, 2019. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.