This course includes discussion of a 35-year-old female who presents with a thyroid nodule marginally increasing in size over two years. She has no family history of thyroid cancer or prior exposure to radiation.
Along with the patient case, there is a discussion board on ASCO Connection, where users can post comments/questions to each other and to the faculty.
At the end for this course you should be able to:
- Recognize the exponential increase in the incidence of thyroid cancers
- Determine triage of patients with thyroid nodules based on the probability of malignancy
- Identify the essential management of differentiated thyroid cancer
- Assess follow-up and dynamic risk stratification
- Implement treatment options for refractory cancers
This activity was made available on October 28, 2015 and will be reviewed on an annual basis to determine continued availability. A maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™ credit is available.