This slide-based course will present the reasons for which a team-based practice in oncology should be considered and implemented, describe each role within team-based care and the scope of practice for each role, and explain the current methods used to measure productivity versus value within a team-based practice. In addition, patient advocate Dena Battle presents the patient perspective as it applies team roles within an interprofessional practice.
• Describe the role that several advanced practice providers fulfill
• Implement more effective means of communication to support teamwork and maximization of scope of practice
• Apply the concepts presented in this course to build high-performance teams that deliver quality patient care
• Medical Knowledge
Institute of Medicine (IOM) Competencies:
• Working as a part of interprofessional teams
• Delivering patient-centered care
• Practicing evidence-based medicine
IMPORTANT NOTE: This course expires on December 7, 2019. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date. 4 Credits/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
• AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
• ABIM MOC Points
• CNE Contact Hours
• CPE Credits
Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted. Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.