- Review the Knowledge-to-Action framework
- List the steps involved in the conduction of a systematic review
- Describe analysis of data (i.e., types of data and effect measures)
- Recognize the main strategies for summarizing effects across studies
- Analyze heterogeneity and ways of investigating heterogeneity
- Interpret funnel plots
Dr. Lopez-Olivo is Assistant Professor at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center with expertise in pharmacology, epidemiology, and evidence-based medicine and its application to clinical decision-making evidence-based medicine, and translation of evidence into practice. She has conducted several systematic reviews of drug therapies for the Cochrane Collaboration and two Health Technology Assessments. In addition, she has experience in the methodologies for economic evaluations and has collaborated in the translation of evidence into educational tools to inform patients with chronic conditions and facilitate decision-making.