This slide-based course will demonstrate the common reasons for involvement of surgical oncology in patient care, the current standards of practice used to decipher when to incorporate surgical oncology into diagnostics and treatment, continuity of patient care from medical to surgical oncology, and basic surgical and plastic reconstruction surgical procedures. Case studies will be presented as an opportunity to apply the presented knowledge to clinical scenarios.
- Identify clinical scenarios in which surgical oncology should be involved in patient management
- Discuss means by which the continuity of care from surgical back to medical oncology is maintained
- Describe basic surgical procedures and the perioperative concerns related to these procedures
Continuing Education Credit
5 Credits/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- CNE Contact Hours
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on October 5, 2019. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.