This is a case-based activity that includes discussion of a 71-year-old male who presented to the clinic with significant weight loss, cough, significant bilateral upper limb weakness, and double vision. He is a heavy former smoker with a two pack-per-day history of 60 years. Work up includes a CT of the thorax and biopsy of the supraclavicular lymph node.
- Discuss the diagnostic approach and landscape of therapeutic options for patients with advanced small cell lung cancer
- Review the emerging actionable alterations and emerging targets in small cell lung cancer
- Interpret the data related to PD-1 based immunotherapy in patients with advanced small cell lung cancer
- Recognize potential clinical applications for PD-1 based immunotherapy and management of common side effects
Continuing Education Credit
1 Credit/Point is available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- CNE Contact Hours
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on March 22, 2020. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.
- This course is also available as part of the 2017 ASCO Tumor Boards bundle.