This slide-based, expert-led course presents the basis of qualitative research methodology in relation to quantitative and mixed methods approaches. The design of a qualitative research study is discussed, including effective determination of the appropriate sample size. Best practices in the management and analysis of the collected qualitative data are addressed, and applied to qualitative research manuscripts in healthcare as an example. In addition, important ethical considerations in qualitative research are examined.
Course Learning Objectives
- Compare and contrast quantitative and qualitative research methodologies in relation to research approach and methodological stance
- Describe different methods of collecting qualitative data and the intended purpose of each method
- Explain the fundamental analytic techniques in qualitative analysis
- Examine common ethical considerations in qualitative research
Continuing Education Credit
6 Credits/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- CNE Contact Hours
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on May 17, 2020. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.
- This course is also available as part of the Clinical Research Collection