This program will cover topics in Pain Management including: Pain Assessment, Opioid Titration, Understanding and Managing Adverse Effects of Opioid Analgesics, and Achieving Balance: Under or Overtreatment of Pain in Oncology. Participants will also explore case scenarios using an interactive question format to select a course of action in managing the patient’s pain. Feedback is provided within the selected response.
The target audience for this module is Medical Oncologist, Oncology Fellows and other healthcare workers in oncology practice.
- Apply personalized patient assessment and follow-up for multidimensional symptoms
- Define the principles of opioid initiation and titration, including recognizing indications and process of rotation
- Utilize general management strategies of opioid-related adverse effects and ensure safety, tolerance, and compliance with analgesic regimens
- Implement multimodal, multidisciplinary approaches and universal precautions when caring for all oncology patients with pain, including patients with substance use disorder
Continuing Education Credit
5 Credits/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- CNE Contact Hours
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on March 11, 2018. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.