This is a case-based activity that includes discussion of a 58-year-old man who presents with a ten month history of a left mobile tongue mass which bleeds while eating.
- Define the present American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) staging system for squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity (SCCOC)
- Evaluate surgical principles of potentially curative resection based on the present AJCC staging system
- Identify the goals and indications for adjuvant radiation therapy in SCCOC
- Assess the goals and indications for adjuvant systemic treatment in locally advanced SCCOC
Continuing Education Credit
1 Credit/Point is available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- CNE Contact Hours
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
This course expires on July 5, 2020. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date. This course is also available as part of the 2017 ASCO Tumor Boards bundle.