This ASCO University® course is designed to provide instruction in on the unique treatment and management issues relating to the care of older patients with Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (NHL). Two case studies, presented by expert faculty, are presented.
- Examine prognostic factors for outcome in older patients with Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma (DLBCL), especially in the rituximab era
- Analyze the treatment approach to DLBCL in older patients
- Delineate some of the toxicities (anthracycline-related cardiac toxicity, febrile neutropenia) notable in older patients with DLBCL treated with combination chemotherapy regimens
- Examine prognostic factors for outcome in older patients with follicular lymphoma
- Identify treatment options, single agent or combination therapies , for older patients with follicular lymphoma
CME Credit is available for this course.
ACGME Competencies Addressed: Medical Knowledge, Interpersonal & Communication Skills, Professionalism