This is a case-based activity that includes discussion of a 40-year-old man, otherwise healthy, who underwent excisional biopsy of a melanoma on his left shoulder in 1999. He then enrolled in the Sunbelt Melanoma Trial, underwent wide excision with 2 cm margins and SLN biopsy. We follow this patient through various treatment options through 2012.
- Discuss the current standard approaches to the evaluation and management of clinically localized and metastatic melanoma
- Recognize options and issues related to management of brain metastases
- Identify the mechanisms of action and toxicities of new treatments for metastatic melanoma
- Apply the proper sequencing of treatments for patients with recurrent and metastatic melanoma
Continuing Education Credit
1 Credit/Point is available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on July 22, 2018. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.