This is a case-based activity that includes discussion of a 89-year-old female with newly-diagnosed stage IIB Merkel Cell Carcinoma (MCC). 4-5 years prior to presentation, she sustained a dog bite on the right lower leg. The leg never stopped hurting, and noted a small red bump that grew in size slowly 2.5 cm purple nodule. Pathology showed Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC) at least 4.1 mm thick, transected widely, mitotic index 23/mm2.
- Implement evidence-based primary management for patients with Merkel cell carcinoma
- Identify multi-modality contributions to Merkel cell carcinoma management
- Identify new findings regarding Merkel cell carcinoma biology, and potential implications for disease management
- This course expires on March 30, 2019. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date.
- This course is available as part of the 2016 ASCO Tumor Boards bundle.