This is a case-based activity that includes discussion of a 89-year-old female with newly-diagnosed stage IIB Merkel Cell Carcinoma (MCC). 4-5 years prior to presentation, she sustained a dog bite on the right lower leg. The leg never stopped hurting, and noted a small red bump that grew in size slowly 2.5 cm purple nodule. Pathology showed Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC) at least 4.1 mm thick, transected widely, mitotic index 23/mm2.
- Implement evidence-based primary management for patients with Merkel cell carcinoma
- Identify multi-modality contributions to Merkel cell carcinoma management
- Identify new findings regarding Merkel cell carcinoma biology, and potential implications for disease management
Continuing Education Credit
1 Credit/Point is available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on March 30, 2019. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date.
- This course is available as part of the 2016 ASCO Tumor Boards bundle.