This is a case-based activity that includes discussion of a 54 year old African American man with a history of atrial fibrillation and myocardial infarction, had a coronary artery bypass in 2015. Ejection fraction is now at 45%. He has hypercholesterolemia controlled with atorvastatin, and his BMI is 28. He has hypertension for which he takes hydrochlorothiazide and benign prostatic hyperplasia for which he is not taking medications for. At the end of the couse, you should be able to:
- Apply the available level 1 evidence to create a management plan for men with high risk or locally advanced prostate cancer
- Analyze level 1 evidence to determine the role of docetaxel in the management of men with high risk or locally advanced prostate cancer
- Evaluate the available level 2 evidence to determine the role of androgen deprivation therapy use and duration in the management of men with high risk or locally advanced prostate cancer who also have moderate to severe comorbidity
Continuing Education Credit
1 Credit/Point is available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- This course expires on January 20, 2019. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date.
- This course is available as part of the 2016 ASCO Tumor Boards bundle.