This course provides an overview of cervical cancer incidence, screening, prevention, and guideline recommendations. Participants then take an in-depth look into two cervical cancer patient cases to determine work-up and treatment course in limited and enhanced resource settings of invasive cervical cancer.
• Describe the epidemiology of cervical cancer and its role as a global health crisis
• Explain primary and secondary prevention modalities for cervical cancer
• Provide an introduction to the ASCO-resource stratified guideline recommendations and implications
• Describe the work-up and treatment course for a patient with stage IIIB cervical cancer in basic/limited and enhanced/maximal resource settings
• Describe the work-up and treatment course for a patient with stage IB2 cervical cancer in basic/limited and enhanced/maximal resource settings
Continuing Education Credit
2 Credits/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
Important Note: This course expires on August 9, 2020. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date.