This eLearning activity is broken down into two different sections focusing on how to build a medical educator portfolio. Throughout these two sections faculty share practical tips and offer hands-on activities to guide interested faculty through the process of creating, using, and refining and educator portfolio. Several templates are provided to assist with the process.
- Describe what is an educator portfolio
- List and apply the components of an educator portfolio
- Describe scholarship and criteria for scholarship
- Identify and develop effective documentation of teaching effectiveness, excellence, and scholarship
- Apply strategies and resources to effectively assemble and maintain an Educator Portfolio
- Write an effective personal statement/self-description
CME credit is available for this course.
ACGME Competency Addressed: Professionalism, Medical Knowledge