This eLearning activity is broken down into two different sections focusing on how to build a medical educator portfolio. Throughout these two sections faculty share practical tips and offer hands-on activities to guide interested faculty through the process of creating, using, and refining an educator portfolio. Several templates are provided to assist with the process.
- Describe what is an educator portfolio
- List and apply the components of an educator portfolio
- Describe scholarship and criteria for scholarship
- Identify and develop effective documentation of teaching effectiveness, excellence, and scholarship
- Apply strategies and resources to effectively assemble and maintain an Educator Portfolio
- Write an effective personal statement/self-description
Continuing Education Credit
2 Credit/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificated and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on December 11, 2019. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.