This is a case-based activity that includes discussion of a 50-year-old woman who is positive for Hepatitis B and has not been treated. Her disease is classified as Child-Pugh class A with no evidence of diabetes mellitus. Family history reveals a brother and father who are Hepatitis B carriers, and the father demised of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). The patient is found to have deranged liver function tests and is referred for scans.
- Recognize the ablative multi-modality management of locally advanced HCC
- Discuss the feasibility of down-staging to surgery/transplantation in locally advanced HCC
- Explain the safety of surgical resection following down-staging with brachytherapy
- This course expires on June 23, 2019. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date.
- This course is available as part of the 2016 ASCO Tumor Boards bundle.