This free self-assessment course is designed to help individuals from a multidisciplinary team in oncology assess knowledge related to disparities in cancer care. A dynamic group of educational partners have come together to offer this educational opportunity. Collaborators are identified at the bottom of this page.
- Identify key barriers to cancer care among different racial, cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic groups
- Apply knowledge of disparities in oncology to the care of disparate patient populations
- Demonstrate methods to overcome communication gaps between cancer care givers and patients
Continuing Education Credit
2.5 Credit/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- CNE Contact Hours
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
Other related courses in this topic area include:
Educational Partners in this activity include: American Nurse Practitioner Foundation, American Pharmacists Association, American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, American Society of Radiation Oncology, Association of Oncology Social Work, Association of Physician Assistants in Oncology, Commission on Cancer, American College of Surgeons, Interstate Postgraduate Medical Association, LIVESTRONG Foundation, Oncology Nursing Society, Society of Gynecologic Oncology, and the Society of Surgical Oncology.
- This course expires on December 11, 2019. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.