In this course, participants will explore four cancers – breast, prostate, colon and lung – and the anti-cancer therapies associated with them. The course will also cover issues related to the care and treatment of patients with those four diseases. Drs. Vilkal Bhatt and Alex Ganetsky present the cases and their thoughts from the perspectives of PharmDs. A brief post self-assessment is provided to help assess knowledge gained. Additional resources provided include, Helpful Materials to Use with Patients, and a complete list of References with links.
The target audience for this module is Medical Oncologist, Oncology Fellows and other healthcare workers in oncology practice.
- Apply knowledge of breast, prostate, colon and lung cancer therapies to improve care of patients with these diseases
- Apply knowledge of treatment related side effects to improve the care of patients undergoing treatment
- Synthesize and apply knowledge of the stages of diagnosis that are most common within these cancers, and the therapies that are associated with those
Continuing Education Credits
1.5 Credits/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- CNE Contact Hours
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on April 24, 2019. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.