This free case-based activity includes a crowd-sourced discussion of a 33 -year-old male with past medical history of possible infertility found to have elevated white cell count during screening for urologic procedure. He is otherwise asymptomatic. Physical examination is significant for spleen palpable 4 cm below costal margin.
- Recognize the diagnosis of CML and importance of bone marrow biopsy at presentation
- Apply considerations when choosing initial therapy
- Recognize when to switch therapy when response is suboptimal
- Identify how to treat complications of therapy
- Assess if a patient like this one would ever be a candidate for discontinuation
Continuing Education Credit
1 Credit/Point is available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- CNE Contact Hours
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on February 15, 2020. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.