This course is designed to help cancer care professionals including Advanced Practice Providers, Pharmacists, Fellows, and others understand and apply principles of chemotherapy administration and safety. Led by expert faculty, this course is broken down into three sections-- 1) Oral Therapies 2) Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Administration and 3) Chemotherapy Safety.
Educational partners collaborating on the development of this activity include: Advanced Practitioner Society for Hematology and Oncology, American Society of Clinical Oncology, Association of Physician Assistants in Oncology, and the Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association.
- Adopt strategies to support patients and caregivers in achieving therapy as prescribed
- Describe key elements of planning and administering anticancer therapies, including antineoplastic, monoclonal antibodies, and small molecule agents
- Review and apply the safety standards for chemotherapy administration and access personal and practice adherence to the standards
- Medical Knowledge
Institute of Medicine (IOM) Competencies:
- Working as a part of interprofessional teams
- Delivering patient-centered care
- Practicing evidence-based medicine
IMPORTANT NOTE: This course expires on April 20, 2019. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to be eligible to claim credit.
2 Credits/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- CNE Contact Hours
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.