This free case-based activity includes a crowd-sourced discussion of a 48-year-old man who presented in August of 2012 with progressive abdominal discomfort. Past medical history was positive for controlled hypertension. Mild diabetes controlled with diet and intentional weight loss of 20 pounds over the last 5 years. No significant surgical history and no significant family history.
Originally posted on a forum in the ASCO Connection, users now have the opportunity to claim CME, completion, or participation certificates for completing this activity.
1. Describe the fundamental principles of managing patients with cancer of unknown primary (CUP)
2. Examine the role of pathology, including directed immunohistochemistry and focused molecular studies, in select patients with CUP
3. Apply current status of immunotherapy in CUP and trial options
Continuing Education Credit
1 Credit/Point is available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- CNE Contact Hours
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
Important Note: This course expires on June 28, 2020. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.