This content has been updated from the course that originally launched in 2010. This activity includes a review of core principles relating to the care of older patients with cancer. The content supports requirements for training in geriatric oncology, and will also enhance the understanding of some of the unique issues relating to the care of older patients. This is especially important as the population ages, resulting in an increase of older patients with cancer.
- Enhance understanding of the unique clinical challenges associated with the management of older patients with cancer
- Identify special considerations important to dosing anti-cancer agents in older patients with cancer
- Demonstrate how age-related changes in physiology may impact tolerance to cancer therapy
- Identify and implement the components of a geriatric assessment
Continuing Education Credit
5 Credits/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points
- CNE Contact Hours
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on July 27, 2019. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.