Welcome the ASCO Pain Management Safety Survey. This free activity is designed to help members of the care team ensure that they are properly educating patients about their pain medication(s) and pertinent safety related issues.
Here's how it works:
Step 1: Anonymously collect 25 patient surveys.
Step 2: Analyze the survey results and determine areas for improvement relating to communications with your patients regarding their pain medication(s).
Step 3: Use the list of physician and patient resources to better educate yourself and your patients on the safety of pain medications.
Step 4: Anonymously collect another 25 patient surveys from a different cohort of patients.
Step 5: Compare the new survey results to your initial baseline to see where you have improved and to identify those areas where better communication is needed.
After participation in this activity, learners will be better able to:
• Identify elements of physician communication that impact patient outcomes
• Incorporate patient needs, values and preferences into care plans
• Design a specific action plan to address gaps identified in the patient survey
• Critically evaluate the effectiveness of performance improvement efforts
At the completion of this activity, you will be required to complete an evaluation and reflect on your experience.
Continuing Education Credit
20 Credits/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- ABIM MOC Points (Practice Assessment & Patient Safety)
- CNE Contact Hours
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
This activity expires on May 31, 2020. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.