The Advanced Practitioner Certificate Program: Advanced 201 is a comprehensive resource designed to provide a current understanding of cancer, its treatment, and the supportive care needed to optimize quality of life for people with cancer. This program includes nine individual courses, plus this companion self-assessment tool with rationales covering a wide range of topics in oncology; including immuno-oncology, cancer genetics, fundamentals of clinical trials, biostatistics, and team-based care. The Advanced Practitioner Certificate Program: Advanced 201 Assessment is a tool to assess the level of knowledge acquired after the completion of the courses in the Advanced 201 program. If additional study is necessary, learners are directed to review relevant course sections and additional resources that are provided.
Educational partners collaborating on the development of this activity include: Advanced Practitioner Society for Hematology and Oncology, American Society of Clinical Oncology, Association of Physician Assistants in Oncology, and the Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association
After participation in this activity, learners will be better able to:
- Discuss how cancer genetics is integrated into diagnosis and patient prognosis
- Communicate treatment options with consideration of patient age and quality of life
- Recognize opportunities to build effective team-based, patient-centered care within the oncology medical practice
This activity was planned in the context of the following attributes:
Institute of Medicine (IOM) Competencies:
- Working as a part of interprofessional teams
- Delivering patient-centered care
- Practicing evidence-based medicine
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) Core Competencies:
- Medical Knowledge
IMPORTANT NOTE: This course expires on December 23, 2019. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date.
2 Credits/Points are available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- CNE Contact Hours
- CPE Credits
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.