Each quarter, ASCO’s experts review the leading journals, including the Journal of Clinical Oncology, to compile the most relevant, practice-changing science in Breast Cancer. Reviews are presented in a didactic slide format, with audio commentary and links to references and resources. This new section on Clinical Pathways will focus on highlighting key findings and synthesize the implications of the articles and comment on their application to practice, illustrating important concepts in the Understanding the Pathway article and other articles that compliment these types of research.
Articles covered in this quarter’s review include:
- Guarneri V, Generali DG, Frassoldati A, et al. Double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter, randomized, phase IIb neoadjuvant study of letrozole-lapatinib in postmenopausal hormone receptor-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative, operable breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2014 Apr 1;32(10):1050-7.
- Zabransky DJ, Park BH. Estrogen receptor and receptor tyrosine kinase signaling: use of combinatorial hormone and epidermal growth factor receptor/human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-targeted therapies for breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2014 Apr 1;32(10):1084-6.
- Review complex signaling pathways related to endocrine therapies for estrogen receptor positive breast cancers
- Examine the application of the PALOMA3 trial data for patient care in the management of metastatic estrogen receptor positive breast cancer
Continuting Education Credit
1 Credit/Point is available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on December 16, 2018. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.