On a quarterly schedule, this online review series summarizes the information from key articles published in the JCO, as well as other major journals. Articles selected for review will focus on translational science and clinical trial findings that are practice changing. Pertinent Editorials and reviews may also be included when appropriate.
- Review the evolution of systemic therapy for locally advanced and metastatic cancers of the stomach or gastroesophageal junction
- Recognize toxicity related to systemic chemotherapy may compromise clinical benefit
- Understand that survivors of colorectal cancer remain at risk for the development of a metachronous colon cancer or a second primary and that obesity at the time of diagnosis of a 1st colorectal cancer increases the risk of developing a second obesity related malignancy
- Examine the educational efforts aimed a risk reduction for survivors of colorectal cancer
- Apply knowledge to enhance care for patients with gastrointestinal cancers
Continuing Education Credit
1 Credit/Point is available for participation in this course. Certificate and credit types available include:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on December 17, 2017. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.