This course is part of the 2014 Gastrointestinal Cancers Curriculum in the Tumor-focused ASCO Curricula for Advanced Practice Providers (ACAPP). This course provides an opportunity to assess and document your comprehensive knowledge of the content presented in the Curriculum. The course includes 15 self-assessment questions derived from courses in the Gastrointestinal Cancers Curriculum. Courses in this package are: 1) 2013 Oncology Literature Reviews: GI Cancers; 2) Colorectal Cancer in Older Patients 3)GI Cancers Review (Lower); 4) Pancreatic Cancer: ASCO Tumor Boads; 5) New Drugs in Oncology 2014 6) OnDemand: General Oncology 2014; 7) Genetics and Genomics for the Practicing Clinician 8)DIsparities in Cancer Care: Do You Know?; 9) Disparities in Cancer Care: Take Action!; 10) Radiation Oncology Primer; 11) Engaging in Quality Improvement; 12) 5 Things Physicians & Patients Should Question; 13) Gastric Cancer: ASCO Tumor Board; 14) GIST: ASCO Tumor Board; 15) Rectal Cancer: ASCO Tumor Board; 16) Colorectal Cancer: ASCO Tumor Board; 17) Clinical Pharmacology Review; 18) ASCO Flashcards: Biostats and Clinical Trials.
The ACAPP course package is designed for nurse practitioners and physician assistants that are looking for an ongoing source of continuing education in oncology.
- Assess knowledge and understanding gained from participating in the courses in the 2013 ACAPP for GI Cancers
- Apply knowledge gained to enhance the care of patients diagnosed with Gastrointestinal Cancers
Continuing Education Credit
- Certificate of Participation may be used to confer credit; however, all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
- Certificate of Completion may be used to document participation, but no credit will be conferred.
- This course expires on July 30, 2017. Participants must complete all necessary course components by this date to receive credit.